Website Optizm Global
Position: Senior Backend Engineer - Data Services Location: Remote Duration: Full-time
You don’t have to check all the boxes, but these are some of the skills and experiences we think are important for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent amount of experience or training in the industry
- Multiple years of experience working on complex projects in a professional environment with the following expertise:
- Relational database architecture, design, and optimization at high scale
- Hands-on experience with query plans, indexing, blocking, deadlocks, etc. preferably with MS SQL Server/T-SQL
- Object-oriented programming experience with a focus on C# and/or Java development
- Hands-on development experience with Rest APIs and microservices-oriented architecture
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, parallel or distributed systems
- Software engineering skills: componentization, unit test, testing, coding/designing for fault tolerance, etc.
- Technical design skills in backend and high-scale systems
- Experience in a DevOps model including SDLC best practices, deployments, incidents, troubleshooting, etc.
- Clear and concise communication skills
- A track record and passion for transparency
How you work / what motivates you:
- Customer focus and a love for solving customer problems
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas and code for production
- A security-oriented mindset and desire to build robust and secure systems
- Collaborating with others to build something with lasting impact.
- A love for learning and a desire to grow and to help improve the team around you.
Extra credit areas of knowledge:
- Experience in implementation and support of full-text search engines and technologies: Lucene/Solr
- DBA experience: backup/restore, roles/permissions, archiving, etc
- Cloud platforms such as AWS (and Azure): EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Databases, etc.
- In depth expertise in caching systems and web servers
- Experience running either (or both) Windows and Linux systems in production
- A willingness to take on, drive, own and maintain a variety of large and small projects
To apply for this job email your details to Ankita@optizmglobal.com