Are you planning to start your career in public health? However, health care was always in demand, but after the attack of Coronavirus in 2020, the market and the role of health care professionals has increased tremendously. Public health careers have various positions that focus on improving the health of groups of people. Through different training, research, and education, public workers prepare to protect the health of our society. Many opportunities in the U.S are wanting and looking for public workers in tremendous demand on such a health crisis. Read this article to know the public health career in 2021 that is booming in the market.
Why Consider a Public Health Career?
Covid 19 has demonstrated the whole world and has shown us the importance of health care. Day by day, the importance of health care is increasing and also jobs in public health are increasing. As we all need health services, so health professionals are a necessity at every step. Additionally, we have seen several crises during Covid 19 pandemic across the populations in the U.S. The demand is for recruitment in public health is endless, as the key benefit is its flexibility to work. When you work as a health care worker, you learn lots of skills, and thus these skills you can practice in any sector in any part of the world. Your learning in jobs never gets wasted. However, for people with strong desires to help others, who love to take care of others, a career in public health can be the most suitable job. Support them to enter and serve the nation wholeheartedly. Since ancient times, public health workers have advanced the quality of life of the entire population. Let us discuss eight emerging public health careers in 2021 that can be useful.
- Public Health Nurse: After doctors, public health nurses are in huge demand. Nurses are the largest segment of professionals in the public health force who provide health care services in hospitals, clinics, schools, homes, communities, etc. They do multiple works throughout the day.
Earnings: According to the survey, the pay scale of public health nurses is $59,709.
- Healthcare Manager: They are also called healthcare administrators, who overlook the hospital, medical facilities to ensure the healthcare system is working efficiently, employees’ needs are getting fulfilled, and to run cost-effectively.
Earnings: Healthcare managers earn annually around $100,980, the top earners in the profession.
- Public Health Educator: They help public health campaigns and design programs to deal with specific health and safety issues among certain populations. They educate the general public, gather information, develop programs which the state and the locals have decided, and hospital-related work. The employees of public health educators include general medical, surgical hospitals, local agencies, and social advocacy organizations. They work more at administrative levels. However, PHE (public health educators) are also in demand these days, so apply for jobs in public health, search for a career in public health.
Earnings: On average, annually public health educators earn $75,050.
- Public Health Nutritionist: In recent 10 to 15 years nutritionist position has got a tremendous scope all across the globe. They develop nutrition programs, nutrition systems, and food-related policies to improve and maintain the health of a specific group of populations. They work on nutrition levels to change the pattern of eating food, provide knowledge about food and nutrition, and change attitudes about micronutrients that are good for one’s body and mind. They generally work hard to provide experienced information and help you to improve your health. In 2021, get start your career in public health care as a Nutritionist, it is in tremendous demand.
Earnings: Nutritionists earn $61,270 annually and are very high in demand in schools, hospitals, IT industries, clinics, NGOs, etc.
- Epidemiologist: In Covid 19 times, epidemiology is helping in tracking and understanding the spread of diseases, types of infection, but these functions are not limited to that alone. They are always on the site of the public health threat location and not sit just in laboratories. They are also called disease detectives. Their work helps physicians, policymakers, and others make them understand how to prevent the disease from occurring again and again.
Earnings: They earn on average annually, $ 70,990 and some top earners in this field earn $ 119,290 annually.
- Disaster and Emergency Specialist: Planning to get a job in public health, as a Disaster and emergency specialist, and then start applying for jobs. Disaster specialists plan and train other professionals to respond to emergencies and disasters whenever in need. They gather disaster response plans. They generally work for government agencies, the federal government, the Military, etc.
Earnings: The federal government is the top-paying industry among disaster and emergency specialists who earn an annual salary of $155,450. On average, a disaster and emergency specialist earns $74,590 annually.
- Environmental Health Scientists: They study the environment and how it can affect human health and diseases. They understand what happens to our bodies when chemicals, pollutants, stress, and other triggers when introduced. They spend most of their time on the field collecting samples and then later analyzed and promote policies and regulations on environment protection. Some of the top-paying states are California, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
Earnings: They pay you annually $92,320. On average, an Environmental health scientist earns $71,360 annually. Dreaming to get such jobs, no worries apply for public health jobs.
- Infection Preventionist: These public health professionals take care of the medical staff. To ensure that all medical professionals, nurses, doctors, helpers are taking proper precautions to prevent infection and spread of infectious disease in the surrounding.
Earnings: They partner with health agencies to develop policies and procedures. On average, they earn $74,100 annually.
Public Health Career in 2021 is expanding, so if you think you want to build your future to make a better society, then start applying for health care jobs. There are lots of jobs in public health. We are just a call away; do let us know we can help you find your dream job.
I am an Entrepreneur and Angel Investor. Board Member of TiE SoCal Angels Fund, and CEO @ Optizm Global, the executive search firm. We are a Right Fit Recruitment & Placement Agency.
I’m the Co-Founder of “StartupSteroid” the platform to connect founders with investors.
As an Angel Investor I look for Business Plan, Cashflow, Core Team, Board of Advisors, Secure IP, Quality Investors, Monetization Models, USP, Scalability, Strong Returns, Growth Market, and Board Role.